On The Edge Events Pty Ltd and The Overflow Estate 1895 Pty Ltd Acknowledgement, Release and Indemnity
This is an important document which affects your legal rights and obligations. You must read it carefully prior to entering the event. During online entry you must tick a box to confirm you have read and understood this form. Please re-read this form in the few days or weeks prior to the event to make yourself aware of the risks of participating. . In consideration of On The Edge Events Pty Ltd and The Overflow Estate 1895 Pty Ltd (the “Event Organisers” ) accepting my participation in The Grape Escape Fun Run event to be held in the Scenic Rim, I agree to this release of claims, waiver of liability and assumption of risk.
On entering The Grape Escape Fun Run, you are accepting the event terms and conditions as outlined below:
1. All entrants declare they are medically and physically fit, plus capable of participating in the event, and are not aware of any impairment that will prevent or impact their participation or others. All entrants participating in the Wine Walk must be over the age of 18.
2. All entrants accept that participation in the event is at their own risk and agree to comply with all rules and directions of the event organiser and race officials.
3. Each entrant acknowledges that participation in the event may involve a real risk of injury from various causes including over exertion, dehydration, and accidents with other participants, spectators or road users.
4. All entrants waive and release the event organiser and any company, body, or person, directly or indirectly associated with the event, from all claims including injury, loss or damage, connected with participation.
5. Each entrant agrees to abide by advice given by event medical staff regarding their health and well-being and consent to receive and pay for any medical treatment before, during or after the event.
6. All entrants acknowledge responsibility for personal possessions during the event. The event organiser will provide a monitored area for participant clothing however will not be liable for replacement of any personal possessions lost or damaged.
7. I agree to release, indemnify and hold harmless the Event Organisers, its officers, employees, agents, volunteers, contractors, public bodies, landholders and sponsors, from and against any and all claims, demands, right or cause of action, suits, expenses, costs and proceedings of any nature whatsoever which may be made by me or on my behalf or by other parties for or in respect of or arising out of any injury, loss, damage or death caused to me or my property as a result of my entry or participation in the Event whether by negligence, breach of contract or in any way whatsoever.
8. All entrants (in the run events only) agree that place getters will be awarded based on gun time and that it is the responsibility of the participant to position themselves closest to the start line, should they believe they have a chance of placing in the event.
9. All entrants acknowledge that should they withdraw, or the event be cancelled or changed, due to reasons beyond the control of the event organisers such as safety reasons or inclement weather conditions, the entry fee is non refundable.
10. All entrants consent to the use of their name, results, photographs, videos and statements by On The Edge Events and The Overflow Estate 1895 Pty Ltd in any marketing material in relation to the event without payment or compensation.
11. All entrants grant the event organiser, contractors, suppliers and sponsors to send them event and promotional material.
12. I agree to abide by the Event rules and the directions of all Event officials.
13. I acknowledge that the Event Organisers may change the advertised course without notice if the Event Organisers deem this necessary. I also acknowledge that the Event Organisers may cancel the Event due to weather conditions, safety considerations, terrorism or ‘acts of god’ and that in such circumstances my entry fee will be non-refundable.
14. If you have a child running under the age of 18 :
I, the parent or guardian of the above named participant, have read through this waiver and all its terms, and I hereby give my approval to this child’s participation in the race. I assume all risks and hazards incidental to my child’s participation and I hereby waive, release, and agree to compensate race officials, volunteers and/or those benefiting from the event as defined above for any injury to my child and from any and all claims, causes of actions, obligations, lawsuits, charges, complaints, controversies, agreements, damages, of whatever kind whether known or unknown from all claims or liabilities of any kind arising from participation of the above named child. I consent to grant permission for him/her to participate in the run/ I acknowledge I have read accepted and fully understand the above important information, warning of risk, assumption of risk and waiver and release all claims. I sign this agreement by my own free will completely, without reservation and agree not to bring a lawsuit for any reason.